6-Nights Cuba: Connecting with People and Culture
Until recently, few U.S. citizens have been able to experience Cuba travel. But under a licensed granted by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control, Tauck has been providing People-to-People educational exchange travel to Cuba since 2012. Meet face-to-face with local residents from different professions, share thoughts, gain knowledge, and connect with Cuba's cultural heritage on this 7-day, Havana-based Cuba: Connecting with People and Culture. Around key themes of Cuban culture and the arts, history, architecture, entrepreneurism, agriculture, baseball and more, travelers interact directly with the people of Cuba. Meet Cuban students, teachers, architects, artisans, dancers, musicians, coaches and ballplayers... learn about Ernest Hemingway's Cuba... discuss art and private enterprise at the studios of community artists... visit with agricultural workers to talk about agrarian reform and organic farming... interact with members of community and charitable organizations about their work... learn about Cuban cultural traditions... have meals at paladares (small, privately operated Cuban restaurants)... and connect with Cuba and Cubans on Tauck's cultural exchange.
6 nights from $ per person
Click Here for Full Itinerary
A great climate which makes it a great vacation spot all year round, exciting attractions, professional sports teams, art, history, museums, and all of the nature parks and education you could ask for. Miami has many local activities & attractions, including Coconut Grove, Miami Beach, and South Beach. Amusement parks, deep-sea fishing, boat rides, sightseeing, fine dining, professional football, dolphin watching, marine museums. A visitor can spend hours, days, or weeks entertaining themselves and family without having to travel more than a few minutes in any direction. Nighttime entertainment includes: music and dance clubs with music ranging from smooth sounding jazz to lively disco, comedy clubs, concerts, theater, opera, symphony and movies. Virtually no one comes to Miami without taking a stroll along the Beach.
Once hailed as a Caribbean hot-spot for music, dancing, entertainment and culture, prior to the Communist revolution, Havana is once again a popular tourism destination.
Valid Travel Dates
- All hotel accommodations - 1 night in Miami at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables and 5 nights in Havana at the Meli Habana
- All meals in Cuba - 17 (6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners), including authentic Cuban cuisine at local restaurants and private paladares throughout your trip
- Charter flights between Miami and Havana
- Tauck's "Leave Your Worries at Home" service, with all day-to-day travel details taken care of for you
- Escorted travel from the moment your People-to-People trip begins in Miami, accompanied by a professional Tauck Director and experienced local Cuban guides, all fluent in both English & Spanish
- Five days of "People-to-People" educational exchange in Havana, Finca Vigia, Viñales and Pinar del Rio
- Discussions with representatives from Cuban community and arts organizations, educational institutions and museums, community art projects, architectural preservation organizations, tobacco and cigar production facilities, baseball organizations and more
- Exclusive Tauck Experiences fostering meaningful cultural connections with Cuban families, artists, musicians, students, educators, agricultural workers, artisans, entrepreneurs, community leaders, baseball coaches and players and others
- All ground transportation
- All gratuities to Tauck Director, local guides and drivers, hotel and restaurant staff; all taxes, admission fees, porterage and departure tax
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Single and Triple Rates available. This package is offered as an air inclusive package and includes intra-tour airfare. Please call us for rates.
Why is Tauck offering travel to Cuba?
The U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control has granted Tauck a license to provide People-to-People educational exchange travel to Cuba. Tauck’s small group cultural educational trips will enable travelers to meet face-to-face with local Cuban residents from different professions to share thoughts, gain knowledge, and connect with Cuba’s deep cultural heritage over six days of People-to-People educational and cultural exchange. Tauck’s long experience has shown that the power of travel brings people the world over closer together. In the words of Arthur Tauck, Jr. – “It is my strongest conviction that travel is a key to world peace. By exploring new lands and new cultures, we increase our understanding of others and their understanding of us. It is fortunate that man has always had an innate need to explore the world. By facilitating this appetite, we fulfill a fundamental need of humanity and we make the world a better place.”
What does “People-to-People” travel mean?
People-to-People travel is an initiative allowing U.S. citizens and others to travel to Cuba on a limited basis to participate in cultural experiences and have direct contact with the Cuban people in order to learn more about them and their culture. A highly rewarding educational experience, People-to-People travel encourages your direct engagement with the Cuban people you will meet during activities focusing on education and cultural exchange. Our experience has found Cubans to be interested in and well-informed about world events and open to frankly discussing the pros and cons of their country, as long as you are open to the same. Due to the nature of People-to-People travel in Cuba, itinerary is subject to change.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
615 Piikoi Street, Suite 104
Honolulu, Hawaii 96814
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.